WE ARE HIRING!
At Chaia Tacos we pride ourselves on having a strong culture with an emphasis on our employees. We are always looking for amazing people to help Chaia Tacos grow, so apply today.
Chaia Georgetown - kitchen, tortillas and taco line
Chaia Tacos is seeking culinary staff for our kitchen, tortilla, and taco line teams! We are looking for team members who can start asap and will stay with us through the summer.
What it’s like here and what you will do
Our team members are cross-trained as much as possible and work across many areas of the restaurant - from the taco assembly line, to cashiering, food prep, cooking, pressing and grilling handmade tortillas, and maintaining cleanliness and organization of the restaurant, including dishes. No job is too big or too small; we expect everyone to take initiative to help others get better and grow and to work with urgency and a positive outlook. Opening a new restaurant is a lot of work and we want our team to be full of rockstars. Be prepared for a lot of hard work and the feeling of accomplishment.
Qualities that will make you feel great and help our opening team be successful
- Adaptable; patience for unpredictability and changing circumstances
- Independent; takes initiative and doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Positive Attitude; up beat and energetic - no nay-sayers allowed
- Integrity; commitment to doing good work (asking “what else can I do?”)
- Resilient; able to bounce back from challenging situations
Who you are
- Have experience cooking in a kitchen, including food safety knowledge and knife skills
- Value attention to detail
- Feel a strong drive to help people
- Take your work seriously without taking yourself too seriously
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and not easily overwhelmed
- When faced with conflict, give others the benefit of the doubt
What we give
- $13.25 starting hourly rate + tips (up to $4/hour extra)
- Flexible work schedule
- Complimentary food and drink
- Start-up/scaling experience
- Creative environment
Fun, kind and passionate teammates
What we require
- Email your resume and a few sentences about why you are interested in working with us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open weekend availability
- In-person interview