Front of House Team Member
People are our passion - our team members are the face of Chaia, representing sustainability, great food, and a memorable experience. We are recruiting dynamic team members who are looking to learn about what goes into creating seasonal vegetable tacos from start to finish, and grow with us as leaders as our concept continues to expand.
Interested? We are seeking dedicated, organized and enthusiastic individuals to join our growing family. We would like to meet you!
As a team member, you will be an integral part of our seamless in-store operations; all of Chaia’s team members create an environment and community in which our guests enjoy great food and a memorable customer experience where they feel connected to Chaia and our mission. You are encouraged and empowered to think on your feet and inspire creativity to provide our guests with the most exceptional experience possible. We expect everyone to take initiative to help others get better and grow, to become a leader in your area of expertise, and to work with urgency and a positive outlook. You will report to the General Manager and serve as an active participant of a growing team.
Duties will include-
Taco assembly line - preparing and serving food that tastes delicious and looks beautiful in a timely manner
- Cashiering - greeting guests enthusiastically, telling our story and curating the Chaia experience
- Food prep - prep and cook food to a high quality standard while maintaining a clean and organized work space
- Pressing and grilling handmade tortillas
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of the restaurant, including dishes
You thoughtfully and creatively craft beautiful food and a warm experience that leaves our guests longing to return. You serve as an active participant of our team, are able and willing to wear many hats, and go above and beyond to ensure that our store operations, team, and customers are supported. You may have some kitchen experience already, or a passion for good food, and you're looking to grow and learn more, potentially in a leadership role. Open availability is preferred; some nights and weekends required.
- A fun-loving, friendly and positively welcoming and supportive team
- Potential for culinary career development through support of kitchen preparation tasks
- Opportunities for and advancement into leadership positions in a growing local company
- Great work-life balance
- Healthy and delicious shift meals
We are only able to consider applicants who have weekend availability and plan on working with us for a minimum of six months (position is not seasonal).